Hello,

I have a Server 2008r2 RDP server that develops odds file share browsing issues.
After several days, users on the RDP server loose some of their mapped drives, plus some applications stop working. The mapped drives and applications are both on another specific server. All other mapped drives (pointing to other servers) continue to work fine.
When the problem starts, here are some symptoms:
- same for both domain users and domain admins
- can't browse any file shares (\\servername\)
- can browse file shares on other servers just fine
- can ping the server by name (ping servername)
- ping -a ip returns the correct name
- can browse shares by fqdn (\\servername\domain.com\)
- after rebooting the RDP server the problem goes away for several days
The RDP server is Hyper-V VM Server 2008r2 64b. Have tried flushing dns, reversing the primary and secondary DNS for the server's adapter. Nslookup works fine. I have a couple other Server 2008r2 VM's and they don't show any issues. Nbtstat -a and -A gives the same results. DNS entries on the DNS servers look correct. Have tried disabling (but not uninstalling) AV.
The server hosting the applications and file shares is Server 2003r2 sp2 32b. One thought was AV, so I uninstalled the old Symantec, rebooted, but no change. I am considering updating the NIC drivers on the 2003r2 server as they aren't up to date. Googling doesn't reveal too much, but there are a couple posts that seem related, and one that appears exactly like mine . Some things seem to center around SMB2 but I'm not sure where to go from there. I thought Server 2003 didn't support SMB2 so I can't see that being the issue.???

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic … ;t=1128426
Teaser video production studio

Thank you

Отредактировано dehi (2018-06-19 13:15:54)